Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
Soup fixes everything!
Try this warm, hearty and really quite easy sweet potato soup – perfect for a weekday lunch, especially if you are doing veganuary too!
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
2tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
500ml veg stock
1 can coconut milk
1tbsp tomato purée
Twist of black pepper
Toasted seeds or nuts
A swirl of plant-based yoghurt
Pinch of chilli flakes (if you like some spice!)
1. Chop the onion into small dice, and chop the garlic up finely.
2. Add the onion to a large pan with the olive oil and sauté for seven to eight minutes on a low heat. Add in the spices, garlic and fry for a further few minutes.
3. Next add the sweet potato, veg stock, coconut milk, tomato purée to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes covered – until the sweet potato is soft. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Turn off the heat and then blitz using a hand blender, until smooth and creamy.
5. Add more water if you’d like it thinner. Top with the toasted seeds, plant-based yoghurt, and chilli flakes if using.
Be More Vegan by Niki Webster, photography by Nassimer Rothacker, is published by Welbeck Publishing Available now from Amazon.
The Press Association
Latest posts by The Press Association (see all)
- 5 vitamins to boost your mood - March 5, 2021
- Vegetarian biryani recipe - March 3, 2021
- Meet the super dogs: 5 canine health heroes and their extraordinary stories - March 3, 2021
- Paul Hollywood: I learnt a new skill thanks to new Celebrity Bake Off - March 2, 2021
- How to use aromatherapy to boost your mood in lockdown - March 2, 2021
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!