Spring onion and feta frittata
Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this versatile frittata recipe is delicious and healthy.
Crumbly feta cheese goes perfectly with the ham, potatoes and spring onions. It’s comfort food for the whole family.
Serves: 2-4 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 200g new potatoes
- 6 spring onions, trimmed
- 1 slice thick carved ham, torn
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 60g feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 mint leaves, chopped
- Cube the potatoes into bite sized chunks and par cook in boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Add the spring onions to the water for the last minute of cooking then drain.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan, add the potatoes, spring onions and ham and toss in the oil.
- Tip in the beaten egg and stir a couple of times to coat and incorporate everything. Sprinkle over the feta and mint and allow to cook gently for 8-10 minutes until cooked half way through. Meanwhile, heat the grill to hot.
- Move the pan to under the grill to cook from the top for 5-8 minutes until the frittata is golden and cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Tips for an eco-friendly Christmas - November 19, 2019
- Eco friendly gift wrap options - November 18, 2019
- How to keep your home warm without adjusting the thermostat - November 15, 2019
- Have your say: what’s the best 2019 Christmas Advert? - November 14, 2019
- Watch the best of the 2019 Christmas Adverts - November 14, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!