This quick and easy recipe for Chicken and Leek stir fry is great to rustle up when you are short of time, and need some quick inspiration.
There is also a vegetarian alternative if you prefer.
250g egg noodles
1 spray of oil
1 leek, finely sliced
5 cm piece of root ginger, grated (or 1 cube of frozen ginger)
1 tbsp medium curry paste
125g frozen peas
2 skinless chicken breasts, diced (or 250g peeled prawns)
soy sauce to serve
What to do:
Break the noodles into a large bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Stir and toss the noodles in the water and then leave on one side for 6-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a wok and spray with oil. Add the chicken pieces or prawns and allow to cook through (about 10 minutes for the chicken and 5 minutes for the prawns). Remove from the wok and set aside on a plate. Stir-fry the leek and ginger until softened. Stir in the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the peas and chicken or prawns. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
Drain the noodles and add to the wok, toss well to coat. Serve with a splash of soy sauce.
Recipe by: British Leeks
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016
- Do you boil your Brussels? - December 6, 2016
- ‘Green Woodpecker’ by Deanna Skelding - December 6, 2016