This fast and easy recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner – the sweet apple and crunch of celery help totally reinvent the humble stir fry.
Healthy, delicious and nutritious – what’s not to love?
Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 6 Fenland celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 dessert apple, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- Heat a wok or large heavy based frying pan over a high heat, add the oil and swirl it around.
- Add the sliced chicken and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the Fenland celery, apple, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli continue to stir fry for a few minutes.
- Mix together the cornflour, caster sugar, lemon juice and soy sauce, add to the stir fry and continue to cook for a minute until everything is coated in the sauce, then serve immediately with noodles or rice and extra soy sauce if needed.
Recipe courtesy of www.fenlandcelery.com