Strawberry Parma Ham and Parmesan Crostini
This light, savoury crostini recipe with a hint of sweet is the perfect summertime snack.
The balsamic and parmesan pair together beautifully with the salty parma ham, all served up on a crunchy sourdough base. Serve up as a small appetiser or with a side salad for a light lunch.
Serves: 4 as a snack or 2 as a light lunch Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 200g of quartered strawberries
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 slices of thinly cut parma ham
- 100g of parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 tbsp of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- a small handful of basil leaves
- black pepper to season
- Hull and quarter the strawberries and set aside.
- Toast the sourdough bread and then place on a serving platter. Arrange the parma ham on top of each slice of bread, top with some strawberries and then sprinkle with the parmesan shavings.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle with the basil leaves and some freshly cracked black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Iced coffee cheesecake - July 23, 2021
- Selling your car online - July 22, 2021
- Common financial scams and how to spot them - July 20, 2021
- Beat the heat without AC: tips to stay comfortable at night - July 19, 2021
- Clever uses for butter - July 10, 2021