Strawberry Parma Ham and Parmesan Crostini
This light, savoury crostini recipe with a hint of sweet is the perfect summertime snack.
The balsamic and parmesan pair together beautifully with the salty parma ham, all served up on a crunchy sourdough base. Serve up as a small appetiser or with a side salad for a light lunch.
Serves: 4 as a snack or 2 as a light lunch Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 200g of quartered strawberries
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 slices of thinly cut parma ham
- 100g of parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 tbsp of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- a small handful of basil leaves
- black pepper to season
- Hull and quarter the strawberries and set aside.
- Toast the sourdough bread and then place on a serving platter. Arrange the parma ham on top of each slice of bread, top with some strawberries and then sprinkle with the parmesan shavings.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle with the basil leaves and some freshly cracked black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- A look back at Britain’s oldest brands - December 18, 2018
- Mini Blueberry Tartlets - December 14, 2018
- Preventing falls this winter - December 13, 2018
- Should banks help restrict where you spend your money? - December 11, 2018
- Be drink aware this December - December 10, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!