Stuffed Mediterranean peppers
These simple stuffed peppers make a fantastic starter, or can be served with a mixed leaf salad and warm crusty bread. Bursting with flavour, they’re perfect for a healthy summer supper or delicious lunch.
Serves 4 Preparation 15 mins Cooking 25 mins
4 peppers (red, yellow or orange)
1tbsp olive oil
200g (6½oz) Feta cheese, crumbled
200g (6½oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
50g (1¾oz) black olives, stones removed
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Grated zest of 1 lemon
4 garlic clove, thinly sliced
4tbsp basil leaves
WHAT TO DO:
Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6).
Halve each pepper lengthways and discard the seeds and membrane.
Brush the peppers in a little oil, then place on a baking tray.
Combine the feta, tomatoes, olives, onion, lemon zest, garlic and half the basil, then use to fill each pepper.
Drizzle with the remaining oil and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and slightly brown around the edges. Garnish with remaining basil.
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Enjoy this wonderfully Mediterranean taste of Summer!
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win a free pair of shoes from Hotter worth £129 - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of THREE copies of Life in Colour with David Attenborough on DVD! - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Allium Superglobe mix bundles! - July 31, 2021
- How to Sell Your Car for the Best Price - July 28, 2021
- Advice for expats heading home - July 28, 2021