Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf
Tired of Turkey Curry? If the answer is yes then this Christmas sandwich loaf is a much more interesting – and healthy – way of using up leftover turkey.
Serves: 4-6 Prep time: 15 minutes plus standing time
- 1 circular loaf
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 6-8 long Cos Leaves
- 150g mozzarella, sliced
- jar roasted vegetables (Peppers, aubergines, courgettes etc)
- leftover turkey breast torn into pieces
- Cut the top off the loaf approx ¼ the way down and pull the soft bread out of the centre to make a bowl shape of the crust with a 2cm layer of bread inside.
- Spread half of the cranberry sauce in a thin layer all over the inside of the bread bowl then layer half of the Cos leaves over the bottom, tearing them to fit. Add a layer of mozzarella then the roast veg then the turkey and top with the rest of the cranberry. Repeat this till the bread bowl is full. End with a layer of Cos leaves.
- Replace the lid and tightly wrap the whole thing in cling film and balance a can on top to weigh it down. Leave to firm up for 1-4 hrs. Cut into slices to serve.
Note: dry the roast veg and mozzarella on kitchen roll to avoid the bread getting too soggy.
Recipe courtesy of Make More of Salad