Aldo Zilli’s Mixed Mushroom Risotto
This delicious mixed mushroom risotto is quick and easy to make, and has such a depth of flavour, great at lunch time or as a light supper dish.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 25-30 mins
Costing: £0.95 per serving
40g/1½ oz butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
300g/11oz risotto rice
1 fresh sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
150ml/5fl oz dry white wine
1.25 litres/ 2¼ pints hot vegetable stock
30ml/2tbsp olive oil
350g/12oz mushrooms such as baby button, chestnut or closed cup
100g/3½oz ‘exotic’ mushrooms such as shiitake, oyster or buna-shimeji
salt and freshly ground black pepper
parmesan cheese to serve
45ml/3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Melt 25g/1oz of the butter in a large pan, add the onions and sauté over a gentle heat for 3 mins or until soft but not coloured. Stir in the rice and rosemary, then cook for 2 mins, stirring to coat the grains in butter.
Add the wine, and cook, stirring, until it has been absorbed by the rice. Next add a ladle of hot stock, and cook, stirring occasionally until this has been absorbed. Repeat until you have just one ladle of stock left – this takes about 15 mins.
Meanwhile, heat a frying pan, add the oil and add the button, crimini or closed cup mushrooms, saute over a high heat for 5 mins or until pale golden. Stir in the remaining mushrooms and sauté for 2 more mins until they are browned. Set aside.
Add the last of the stock and the mushrooms to the rice and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in remaining butter and chives, then season to taste. Serve with parmesan cheese and extra freshly ground black pepper, and a green salad.
- When making risotto, make sure the stock you are adding is hot so the temperature inside the risotto pan does not drop each time you stir in more stock.
Recipe by: www.moretomushrooms.com
For more delicious recipes click here ←
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- 7 Scottish Gift ideas for Christmas - November 29, 2021
- Silversurfers Book Club Winter 2021 - November 29, 2021
- Don’t miss out on a fantastic Black Friday Weekend Offer at Silversurfers Shop - November 26, 2021
- 5 Festive films for a movie night to remember - November 25, 2021
- What to expect onboard from Emirates - November 25, 2021