Asparagus, Broad Bean Mint and Mozzarella Bruschetta
This delicious recipe puts a spin on the classic bruschetta, swapping out tomatoes and basil for asparagus, broad bean and mint.
Enjoy it as a light snack or serve up as a starter before your next family meal.
Serves: 4 as a starter or snack Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 300g podded and shelled broad beans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus an extra drizzle at the end
- 1 lemon, juiced
- A handful mint leaves, saving a few small ones back to garnish
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 100g British asparagus, cut in half lengthways
- 4 slices rustic white bread, such as sourdough
- 1 garlic clove, peeled but left whole
- 1 small ball (approx.150g) of buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
What to do
- Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water, drain again, then peel from their skins.
- Use the back of a fork to roughly crush the beans with the olive oil and lemon juice, then stir through the mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the British asparagus in boiled salted water for 1 to 2 minutes and drain under cold water too.
- Heat a griddle pan, toast the bread on both sides, then rub with the garlic clove. Spoon some of the beans over each slice of bread, scatter over the British asparagus, mint and mozzarella and drizzle with more olive oil to serve.
Recipe courtesy of British Asparagus
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!