Autumn Vegetable Chilli
This warming vegetable chilli recipe is perfect for the cold autumn nights ahead.
It’s vegetarian and can be prepared with your favourite vegetables – chop into small cubes for best results.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: approx 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g Chantenay, whole & unpeeled
- 350g mixed vegetables, chopped (tinned sweetcorn, courgettes, mushrooms, red, yellow & green peppers all work well)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked or unsmoked)
- 1 tin mixed beans
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml boiling water
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Sour Cream or Creme Fraiche
- Fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
What to do
- In a large saucepan with a lid, fry the onion in the oil until soft (about 5 minutes), add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add the Chantenay, the chopped mixed vegetables and the spices and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the lovely spice aromas rise from the pan.
- Finally add the mixed beans, tinned tomatoes and boiling water and bring everything up to the boil. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for around 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Check after 15 minutes or so and if the sauce is a little thin uncover for the remaining cooking time.
- Serve sprinkled with the chopped coriander and a dollop of sour cream or crème fraîche.
Recipe courtesy of chantenay.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!