Honey glazed Brussels sprouts
Who said Brussels sprouts need to be boring?
Perfectly warming for winter, this tasty recipe that combines Brussels sprouts with sweet beetroot, creamy blue cheese and crunchy walnuts.
It’s delicious any day of the year and the perfect side dish to brighten up a Sunday roast.
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 680g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 60ml water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 250g pack cooked beetroot, diced
- 25g crumbled blue cheese
- 25g walnuts, chopped
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter to medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and allow them to cook cut-side down for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and the water and cook for 3 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Put a lid on the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed and Brussels sprouts are cooked to your liking.
- Add the honey and chopped beetroot and heat for 1-2 minutes until the beetroot is hot. Transfer the sautéed Brussels sprouts and beetroot to a serving dish and add the blue cheese crumbles and chopped walnuts. Toss everything together and serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Have people forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? - December 11, 2017
- 8 tips for serving fizz, wines and cocktails this festive season - December 10, 2017
- Which retro party foods have you served? - December 8, 2017
- Festive Blueberry and Bergamot Popcorn with salted caramel - December 8, 2017
- Silversurfers Everyday Christmas Playlist - December 7, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!