Loaded Potato Skins
Make festive entertaining easy and fun with a new way to serve up your potato side dish.
These loaded potato skins are an American classic – they are stuffed full of spring onions, celery, sour cream and cheese and baked until crisp and golden on top. They’re quick and easy to prepare ahead and then can be cooked when you need them – perfect for the busy Christmas period.
Serves: 4 as a starter or 2 as a main course Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1hr 10 minutes
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil plus extra for dressing the leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 25g cheddar cheese (we used Godminster)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- Pinch of smoked paprika (optional)
- Bag of Fresh & Naked Spicy Mixed Leaves
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan.
- Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork. Put the oil in a medium bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper and, one at a time roll the potatoes in it so they’re completely covered. Bake them in the oven for 1hr until they’re crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Leave to cool slightly.
- Once they’re cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out the centre. Use a fork to mash the potato in a bowl with the sour cream and cheddar then stir in the spring onions and celery and season.
- Load the mash mixture back into the skins, sprinkle with a pinch of smoked paprika (if using) and grill for a few minutes until the tops start to brown.
- Toss the mixed leaves in a little olive oil and season, put on a platter or divide between plates and top with the loaded skins.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com