Loaded Potato Skins
Make festive entertaining easy and fun with a new way to serve up your potato side dish.
These loaded potato skins are an American classic – they are stuffed full of spring onions, celery, sour cream and cheese and baked until crisp and golden on top. They’re quick and easy to prepare ahead and then can be cooked when you need them – perfect for the busy Christmas period.
Serves: 4 as a starter or 2 as a main course Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1hr 10 minutes
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil plus extra for dressing the leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 25g cheddar cheese (we used Godminster)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- Pinch of smoked paprika (optional)
- Bag of Fresh & Naked Spicy Mixed Leaves
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan.
- Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork. Put the oil in a medium bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper and, one at a time roll the potatoes in it so they’re completely covered. Bake them in the oven for 1hr until they’re crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Leave to cool slightly.
- Once they’re cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out the centre. Use a fork to mash the potato in a bowl with the sour cream and cheddar then stir in the spring onions and celery and season.
- Load the mash mixture back into the skins, sprinkle with a pinch of smoked paprika (if using) and grill for a few minutes until the tops start to brown.
- Toss the mixed leaves in a little olive oil and season, put on a platter or divide between plates and top with the loaded skins.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- The best of Marilyn Monroe - May 31, 2020
- Summertime Songs Playlist - May 30, 2020
- Moroccan crusted salmon with asparagus, rocket & lemon salad - May 30, 2020
- All the face mask resources you need in one place - May 28, 2020
- Halloumi and Couscous salad with harissa dressing - May 27, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!