One-pot pasta recipes
Forget slaving over the stove, these easy one-pot pasta recipes require little prep and are ready all in one go.
Whether you’re whipping together a mid-week dinner or can’t face doing a whole load of dishes, these two delicious recipes make it easy to prepare a gourmet pasta dish hassle free.
One Pot Bruschetta Pasta
Image via Self.com
This recipe is so simple and it takes just 10 minutes to prepare and incorporates all the fresh flavour of bruschetta into a warming pasta dish.
- 350 grams dried linguine
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 950ml of water
What to do
- In a large saute pan, add your linguine, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over the water on and then bring to a boil.
- Cook the pasta, stirring frequently, until most of the water has evaporated and pasta is al-dente. Roughly 9 minutes.
- Remove basil sprigs, sprinkle over salt, pepper and parmesan to taste. Serve.
Creamy Penne and Broccoli Pasta
This recipe from Pampered Chef is creamy and moreish – the perfect warming dish when the cooler nights creep in.
- 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes, sliced into thin strips
- 1.25 litres vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 450 grams dried penne
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 125 grams cream cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Add garlic with a splash of oil into a large stockpot and cook over medium heat until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add pasta; cover and simmer for 10 minutes until pasta is al-dente.
- Add cream cheese and vegetables to the pot, stirring until the cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat, cover and cook for an additional few minutes until vegetables are tender. Serve.
Are you inspired to make your own one-pot pasta dish?
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!