One-pot pasta recipes
Forget slaving over the stove, these easy one-pot pasta recipes require little prep and are ready all in one go.
Whether you’re whipping together a mid-week dinner or can’t face doing a whole load of dishes, these two delicious recipes make it easy to prepare a gourmet pasta dish hassle free.
One Pot Bruschetta Pasta
Image via Self.com
This recipe is so simple and it takes just 10 minutes to prepare and incorporates all the fresh flavour of bruschetta into a warming pasta dish.
- 350 grams dried linguine
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 950ml of water
What to do
- In a large saute pan, add your linguine, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over the water on and then bring to a boil.
- Cook the pasta, stirring frequently, until most of the water has evaporated and pasta is al-dente. Roughly 9 minutes.
- Remove basil sprigs, sprinkle over salt, pepper and parmesan to taste. Serve.
Creamy Penne and Broccoli Pasta
This recipe from Pampered Chef is creamy and moreish – the perfect warming dish when the cooler nights creep in.
- 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes, sliced into thin strips
- 1.25 litres vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 450 grams dried penne
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 125 grams cream cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Add garlic with a splash of oil into a large stockpot and cook over medium heat until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add pasta; cover and simmer for 10 minutes until pasta is al-dente.
- Add cream cheese and vegetables to the pot, stirring until the cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat, cover and cook for an additional few minutes until vegetables are tender. Serve.
Are you inspired to make your own one-pot pasta dish?