Pea and Goat’s Cheese Tart
Serve up a decadent vegetarian lunch this Mother’s Day with our pea and goat’s cheese tart recipe.
It’s quick and easy to make – so you can impress your loved ones even if it’s a last minute feast!
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Plain flour for dusting
- 500g ready made puff pastry
- 1 free range egg, lightly beaten
- 100g peas, shelled (approx. 335g unshelled)
- 100g ready cooked red peppers in oil, drained
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 100g cooked beetroot, cut into chunks
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 200°C /400°F.
- Lightly dust a work surface with the flour, and roll out the puff pastry until it is 4mm thick. Cut out 4 discs with a 11.5cm round pastry cutter and then with a sharp small knife lightly score around the pastry discs 1cm away from the edge, trying not to cut through the pastry.
- Then brush the pastry discs with the beaten egg, lay the pasty discs onto a non-stick baking try and place in the oven on the middle shelf and cook for 20 minutes, or until golden. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool. Then remove the inner part with a small knife.
- While you are waiting for the pastry to cook, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, cook the peas for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water for another minute, drain and set aside.
- Cut the peppers into thick slices and then place into a medium sized bowl with the peas, goat’s cheese, beetroot and parsley.
- In a small bowl mix together the extra virgin olive oil and Balsamic vinegar, then add 2 tablespoons to the vegetables and goats’ cheese, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the pastry discs on 4 plates and fill with the vegetables and goats cheese, drizzle the rest of the dressing around the plates and serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- The best of Whitney Houston playlist - December 4, 2020
- Cranberry sausage rolls - December 4, 2020
- Roast turkey with celery, walnut & sausage stuffing - December 1, 2020
- 3 Mince Pie Recipes - November 28, 2020
- Clever uses for oats - November 25, 2020
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!