Pink Lady porridge with pecans & cinnamon
Start the New Year off with a super healthy breakfast that still tastes like a delicious treat. Adjust the ratio of milk to water to suit your taste.
Prep time: 5 minutes to make
Cooking time: 5 minutes to cook
You will need:
150g porridge oats
400ml semi-skimmed milk
½ tsp cinnamon
2 Pink Lady apples, cored & diced
2 tbsp soft brown sugar, or to taste
2 tbsp pecans, roughly chopped
What to do
Place the oats, milk, water and cinnamon in a heavy based saucepan. Bring up to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently, and cook for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Add a splash more milk or water if it is getting too thick.
Stir through the diced Pink Lady apple, cooking for just another 30 seconds or so to warm the apple through.
Spoon into bowls, sprinkle brown sugar to taste and scatter on the pecans. Serve immediately while piping hot.
Recipe by: www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Win a free pair of shoes from Hotter worth £129 - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of THREE copies of Life in Colour with David Attenborough on DVD! - August 1, 2021
- Win ONE of TEN Allium Superglobe mix bundles! - July 31, 2021
- How to Sell Your Car for the Best Price - July 28, 2021
- Advice for expats heading home - July 28, 2021