Roasted Meditarranean Vegetable Pasta Salad
This colourful salad is hearty and delicious. Full of flavourful healthy ingredients it will keep you fuller for longer.
If you want to add a bit more protein, crumbled feta cheese on top works well!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 red or yellow peppers, diced (380g)
1 courgette, sliced (250g)
1 red onion, cut into chunks (200g)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
25g pack basil, torn
100g sun dried tomato paste
1 tbsp olive oil
150g wholewheat pasta
4 handfuls Baby Leaf Salad (100g)
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place peppers, courgette, onion, garlic and half the basil in a large roasting tin and stir in the tomato paste and oil, season and roast for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender, drain then toss into the cooked vegetables. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Stir the vegetable mixture into the salad with the remaining basil and serve.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Calories: 326 / Protein: 8.7g / Carbohydrate: 36g / Sugar: 13.5g / Saturated Fat: 2.1g / Fibre: 5.1g / Salt: 0.9g
Recipe by: www.makemoreofsalad.com
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Are ‘female equality’ and ‘feminism’ the same thing? - May 22, 2018
- Step Aboard - May 21, 2018
- In 1961, Hull did something extraordinary - May 21, 2018
- Time to make ‘living the dream’ a reality - May 21, 2018
- Win a wonderful holiday for two to three iconic Italian cities! - May 21, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!