This colourful salad is hearty and delicious. Full of flavourful healthy ingredients it will keep you fuller for longer.
If you want to add a bit more protein, crumbled feta cheese on top works well!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 red or yellow peppers, diced (380g)
1 courgette, sliced (250g)
1 red onion, cut into chunks (200g)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
25g pack basil, torn
100g sun dried tomato paste
1 tbsp olive oil
150g wholewheat pasta
4 handfuls Baby Leaf Salad (100g)
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place peppers, courgette, onion, garlic and half the basil in a large roasting tin and stir in the tomato paste and oil, season and roast for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender, drain then toss into the cooked vegetables. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Stir the vegetable mixture into the salad with the remaining basil and serve.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Calories: 326 / Protein: 8.7g / Carbohydrate: 36g / Sugar: 13.5g / Saturated Fat: 2.1g / Fibre: 5.1g / Salt: 0.9g
Recipe by: www.makemoreofsalad.com
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Something to sing about, by Janice Wilkinson - October 22, 2016
- By Ron Adams - October 22, 2016
- Where do you think the extra runway should be built – Heathrow or Gatwick? - October 21, 2016
- Beach breaks in Goa - October 21, 2016
- Peace & Tranquility in Your Home Away from Home - October 21, 2016