Roasted Shallots and Butternut Squash with a Pesto sauce
This delicious vegetarian meal is perfect for a Friday night dinner at the end of a long week; the prep is quick and it’s cooked all together in the same roasting dish.
Make life even easier by prepping the ingredients beforehand – with everything ready to go, all you need to do is throw it all in the oven.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 16 shallots, peeled
- 1 butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunky cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tub 145g ready made fresh pesto
- 1 x 250g packet ready to eat puy lentils
- Pre heat oven 200c/180c fan/Gas 6.
- Place the prepared shallots and squash or pumpkin into a roasting tin, sprinkle over the olive oil. Cook for approx 30-40 minutes until softened and beginning to brown. Stir in the pesto.
- Heat the lentils according to pack directions and serve with the roasted vegetables piled on top.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Iced coffee cheesecake - July 23, 2021
- Selling your car online - July 22, 2021
- Common financial scams and how to spot them - July 20, 2021
- Beat the heat without AC: tips to stay comfortable at night - July 19, 2021
- Clever uses for butter - July 10, 2021