Roasted Shallots and Butternut Squash with a Pesto sauce
This delicious vegetarian meal is perfect for a Friday night dinner at the end of a long week; the prep is quick and it’s cooked all together in the same roasting dish.
Make life even easier by prepping the ingredients beforehand – with everything ready to go, all you need to do is throw it all in the oven.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 16 shallots, peeled
- 1 butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunky cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tub 145g ready made fresh pesto
- 1 x 250g packet ready to eat puy lentils
- Pre heat oven 200c/180c fan/Gas 6.
- Place the prepared shallots and squash or pumpkin into a roasting tin, sprinkle over the olive oil. Cook for approx 30-40 minutes until softened and beginning to brown. Stir in the pesto.
- Heat the lentils according to pack directions and serve with the roasted vegetables piled on top.
Recipe courtesy of www.ukshallot.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Should Bake Off feature more silver bakers? - August 20, 2019
- Grown-up burger recipes for National Burger Day! - August 20, 2019
- Fixed term versus decreasing term life insurance – what’s the difference? - August 19, 2019
- Getting started with flower arranging - August 16, 2019
- Clever uses for nail files - August 16, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!