Roasted Spicy Squash Salad
This hearty roasted spicy squash salad is the perfect vegetarian lunch to keep you going all afternoon.
The delicious butternut squash is warm, spicy and satisfying, offering the perfect boost to a classic leafy salad.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 kg butternut squash – peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm dice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 140g bag Watercress, Rocket & Spinach Salad
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place squash in a large roasting tin, toss in 2 tbsp oil, chilli flakes, paprika and pumpkin seeds, season and roast for 20 minutes until tender.
- Whisk together the soy, vinegar, honey and remaining oil.
- Place the leaves in a bowl and toss the dressing into the salad leaves.
- Gently mix in the warm squash and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Leafy Salad
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Nutrient rich foods to add to your diet - October 18, 2017
- Do you see the benefits of mindfulness and meditation? - October 17, 2017
- Supporting your mental health in later life - October 16, 2017
- Easy Traybakes for National Baking Week - October 16, 2017
- The benefits of herbal and green tea - October 15, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!