Strawberry & Asparagus Mini Quiches
Perfect for picnics and light meals when it’s too hot to slave over a meal in the kitchen, this strawberry and asparagus mini quiche recipe is perfect for summer.
Ready-made puff pastry takes all the effort out of this recipe – it’s quick to prepare and cooks in just half an hour.
The crème fraiche, eggs and pink peppercorns come together beautifully with the strawberry and asparagus to create a dish that looks as good as it tastes!
Serves: 6 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp flour for dusting
- 250g ready roll puff pastry
- 1 whisked whole large egg, for glazing
- 75g asparagus tips
- 150g Sweet Eve strawberries, washed and halved
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 extra yolk
- 10 crushed pink peppercorns
- 50g Parmigiano cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
What to do
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry and cut into 6 equal portions, pressing each into a shallow tart tray.
- Prick the pastry all over inside the border, brush with whisked egg mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes then remove and push down the bases inside the borders and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the creme fraiche, eggs and yolk and the parmesan together, lightly season, then empty the filling onto the chilled pastry cases.
- Arrange the asparagus tips and the strawberries over the mixture and using a pastry brush, cover the exposed pastry borders with the whisked egg mix and gently brush the asparagus and strawberries too. Sprinkle with the crushed peppercorns.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is cooked.
Recipe courtesy of: www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Get Ready for Stir-up Sunday - November 23, 2017
- 3 Mince Pie Recipes - November 23, 2017
- What advice would you share with younger generations? - November 23, 2017
- Step back in time: to 1959 - November 22, 2017
- Is ‘affluenza’ eroding our happiness? - November 22, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!