Perfect for picnics and light meals when it’s too hot to slave over a meal in the kitchen, this strawberry and asparagus mini quiche recipe is perfect for summer.
Ready-made puff pastry takes all the effort out of this recipe – it’s quick to prepare and cooks in just half an hour.
The crème fraiche, eggs and pink peppercorns come together beautifully with the strawberry and asparagus to create a dish that looks as good as it tastes!
Serves: 6 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp flour for dusting
- 250g ready roll puff pastry
- 1 whisked whole large egg, for glazing
- 75g asparagus tips
- 150g Sweet Eve strawberries, washed and halved
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 extra yolk
- 10 crushed pink peppercorns
- 50g Parmigiano cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
What to do
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry and cut into 6 equal portions, pressing each into a shallow tart tray.
- Prick the pastry all over inside the border, brush with whisked egg mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes then remove and push down the bases inside the borders and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the creme fraiche, eggs and yolk and the parmesan together, lightly season, then empty the filling onto the chilled pastry cases.
- Arrange the asparagus tips and the strawberries over the mixture and using a pastry brush, cover the exposed pastry borders with the whisked egg mix and gently brush the asparagus and strawberries too. Sprinkle with the crushed peppercorns.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is cooked.
Recipe courtesy of: www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk