Toasted garlic hummus with radishes and pitta bread
This delicious toasted garlic hummus recipe is the perfect healthy snack or light lunch dish.
Serve it with sliced radish and pitta bread for a quick bite, or maximise the flavour of your lunchtime sandwich by using it as a healthy spread.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
For the hummus
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Salt and pepper
- 400g mixed radishes cut in half
- 4 warmed pitta breads
What to do
- Place the garlic and olive oil into a medium sized frying pan, heat gently until the garlic starts to turn a golden brown, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place all of the hummus ingredients into a food processor, blend until, fairly smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with radishes and warmed pitas.
Recipe courtesy of www.lovethecrunch.com
Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Rachel - Silversurfers Assistant Editor (see all)
- Slow cooker pork, shallot and red pepper goulash - October 18, 2018
- Storage hints and tips to make your food last longer - October 17, 2018
- Tips to encourage birds to your garden - October 16, 2018
- Do you understand cholesterol? - October 15, 2018
- Microwave mug cake dessert recipes - October 12, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!