Wild Mushroom Pappardelle
This light, flavourful wild mushroom pappardelle recipe is the perfect pasta dish for summer.
The mushrooms and shallots pair perfectly for a deliciously fragrant dish that takes just 20 minutes to prepare and even less time to cook. This recipe serves four – try doubling it for a large family meal or make a smaller portion for one or two.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 8 Echalion (banana) shallots
- 300g pappardelle pasta
- 200g wild mushrooms
- 20g French tarragon
- 50ml Madeira
- 50ml olive oil
- 75g butter
What to do:
- Peel and dice the shallots into a medium size dice.
- Place a large pan of salted water on the stove for the pasta and bring to the boil.
- Sauté the shallots in the olive oil and, when almost cooked through, add the wild mushrooms. Allow to cook for 1 minute and then season with salt and pepper. Add the Madeira and allow it to reduce. To this mushroom mix, now add the chopped tarragon and butter. This should form a sauce that will coat the pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add directly to the pan with the shallots and mushrooms.
- Serve in bowls.
Recipe courtesy of www.UKshallot.com