Wild Mushroom Pappardelle
This light, flavourful wild mushroom pappardelle recipe is the perfect pasta dish for summer.
The mushrooms and shallots pair perfectly for a deliciously fragrant dish that takes just 20 minutes to prepare and even less time to cook. This recipe serves four – try doubling it for a large family meal or make a smaller portion for one or two.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 8 Echalion (banana) shallots
- 300g pappardelle pasta
- 200g wild mushrooms
- 20g French tarragon
- 50ml Madeira
- 50ml olive oil
- 75g butter
What to do:
- Peel and dice the shallots into a medium size dice.
- Place a large pan of salted water on the stove for the pasta and bring to the boil.
- Sauté the shallots in the olive oil and, when almost cooked through, add the wild mushrooms. Allow to cook for 1 minute and then season with salt and pepper. Add the Madeira and allow it to reduce. To this mushroom mix, now add the chopped tarragon and butter. This should form a sauce that will coat the pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add directly to the pan with the shallots and mushrooms.
- Serve in bowls.
Recipe courtesy of www.UKshallot.com
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for tea bags - January 18, 2018
- Malaysian Spiced Sea bass with Brown Rice - January 17, 2018
- Simple steps to increase your feeling of wellbeing - January 16, 2018
- Do you believe in Blue Monday? - January 15, 2018
- Small adjustments that make a big impact on eating habits - January 12, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!