7 Clever uses for VapoRub
For many, the powerful smell of eucalyptus in Vicks VapoRub brings back memories of childhood and being tucked up in bed with a cold.
Don’t leave it gathering dust in your medicine cabinet – there are plenty of clever uses for VapoRub that have nothing to do with a congested chest. Here’s a few of our favourites
- Ease headaches and migraines – The menthol in VapoRub makes it a great alternative to painkillers when you have a headache or migraine coming on. Rub into your temple and forehead – it will help release the pressure in your head for quick pain relief.
- Stop the cat from scratching – If you have a cat that loves to scratch a particular piece of furniture, try applying some vapour rub to the area you’re trying to get them to avoid. They hate the smell and it will act as a natural deterrent. It works for dogs, too!
- Muscle aches and pains – If you have aches and pains after exercising, try rubbing in some VapoRub to the area to help relieve the pain.
- Reduce itch and inflammation – The ingredients in VapoRub work well on itching and inflammation too. Rub it over bruises, acne or even eczema to help reduce the symptoms and heal faster.
- Block odors – If you’re in the middle of an unsavoury clean up job, use VapoRub under your nose to help block the scent and make the task more bearable.
- As a bug repellent – VapoRub can also act as a natural mosquito repellent when applied to the skin. Rub over any exposed skin – they hate the smell and will naturally stay away.
- Fix toenail fungus – If you suffer from toenail fungus, try rubbing VapoRub into your nail bed and toenail daily for two weeks. It will kill the fungus, turning it black, and allow you to grow out the nail healthy again.
Do you know any clever uses for VapoRub? Let us know in the comments below.
Image courtesy of flickr user Tatsuo Yamashita
Silversurfer's Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Assistant Editor (see all)
- Clever uses for shaving foam - August 17, 2018
- Would you get Botox or fillers done on the High Street? - August 16, 2018
- Asparagus, Broad Bean Mint and Mozzarella Bruschetta - August 15, 2018
- The best of Madonna playlist - August 15, 2018
- Afternoon Tea Week: 5 of the most weird and wonderful ones you can get - August 14, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!