Slugs and Snails and Puppy Dogs Tails….
I have spent a sunny afternoon pottering in the garden, which was such a welcome change since the rain seems to have been constant for nearly six weeks.
My initial observation was that it is amazing how quickly the soil dries out, when it hasn’t rained for 48 hours. I was busy in my fruit cage, tugging at weeds and tying up the creeping raspberry canes, and to my horror there seem to be an abundance of slugs and snails happily munching away at all the lush greenery. As well as ground elder, these little critters are one of my most despised enemies in the garden. I have tried many methods to eradicate them including crushing up baked egg shells, and depositing around my plants, spent ground fresh coffee, sharp shingle, slug pellets and my husbands favorite, a pair of scissors! I prefer not to use slug pellets as they are not terribly environmentally friendly nor organic, and cutting a slug in half with a pair of scissors is a job for the boys in my opinion!
I have a feeling that Summer 2012 will be the year of the Slug and Snail, as well as the Olympics in England and the Queens Diamond Jubilee. Would love to hear what method you have found successful in eradicating slugs and snails.
How do you deal with unwanted Slugs and Snails?
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- 5 Overseas Hampers to send to loved ones abroad - October 22, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 22, 2021
- Must-read annuals guaranteed to entertain - October 22, 2021
- Plan a Christmas to remember with our range of thoughtful gifts for your loved ones - October 22, 2021
- Have you been able to book your Covid Booster yet? - October 21, 2021