Whether you’re new to growing vegetables, fruit and herbs, have some experience or just want to find out more, this guide will give you all the information you need to get growing.
Learn how to prepare your patch and decide what to grow. We’ve picked some of the easiest and most popular vegetables, fruits and herbs to grow – many of them suitable for containers. We reveal the best varieties tested by the Which? Gardening experts, and how to grow your crops to ensure you have a plentiful supply throughout the year. Once you’ve planted your crops, we give our tips on watering, feeding and pest control.
• Getting started: What to grow, preparing your soil, creating beds and planting in pots.
• Vegetables: Salad leaves, Peas and beans, Courgettes, Beetroot, Potatoes, Pumpkins, Onions and garlic, Tomatoes, Rhubarb.
• Fruit: Strawberries, Blueberries, Pears, Plums.
• Herbs: Basil, Coriander, Rosemary, Mint.
• Caring for your crops: Dealing with pests and diseases.
• More maintenance tips: How to water, weed and preserve your crops.
To get your free guide call Which? on 01992 822824 and quote code VEG505F.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- In the Wild by Karen Stoker - December 9, 2016
- Which is your favourite Christmas Carol? - December 8, 2016
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016