A smartphone can do more than merely keep you in touch, it’s almost like carrying a powerful computer in your pocket.
Most smartphones include GPS features similar to a satnav, helping you find your location or get directions, plus high-resolution screens and HD video cameras. You can also read ebooks on a smartphone, store music or use voice recognition features. We explore the different brands available, so you can choose the right kind of model and payment tariff for you. Then we take you on a tour of some of the more advanced features – from playing music and video, downloading apps and connecting to the internet.
• Smartphone basics: Smartphones are a convenient and fun way to keep in touch and connect to the internet, wherever you are.
• Get the right smartphone for you: Pick your perfect smartphone with our guide to essential features.
• Smartphone brands: Find out which smartphone operating system is best for you.
• Smartphone costs: Learn what to consider when shopping for a smartphone deal.
• Get to grips with apps: Get the best from your smartphone by downloading apps.
• Get more from your smartphone: From using social networking sites to taking photos or sending emails.
• Smartphone security: Top tips for keeping your handset and the personal information it holds safe from theft.
• Jargon buster: Key technical terms explained in plain English.
To get your free guide call Which? on 01992 822824 and quote code PH229F.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- by Barbara Wooldridge - October 25, 2016
- Ever Fancied Owning Your Own Racehorse? - October 25, 2016
- Discover the gems of the Middle East - October 25, 2016
- Ace acers by Lynne Turner - October 24, 2016
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016