Tablets are cheaper than most laptops, easy to use and are light to carry around.
Plus, a tablet has a battery life that means you’re not constantly running to plug it into the mains for a recharge. There are plenty of tablets to choose from – with many models from big name and lesser-known brands. With so much choice, our handy guide reveals the different types of tablet available, and how to get the best from your tablet once you get it home and out the box.
• What is a tablet? What makes a tablet a tablet and what can it do?
• Choosing the right tablet for you: All the key factors you need to think about before you buy.
• Introducing the big brands: The strengths and weaknesses of the biggest brands.
• Staying in touch: How to communicate and chat with others online.
• Entertainment: Reading, listening to music, watching movies and playing games.
• Being productive: How to work on Office documents and edit photos.
• Keeping your tablet safe: Protecting your tablet from online and offline threats.
• Jargon buster: Tricky tablet terms and buzzwords explained.
To get your free guide call Which? on 01992 822824 and quote code LAP269F.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- by Barbara Wooldridge - October 25, 2016
- Ever Fancied Owning Your Own Racehorse? - October 25, 2016
- Discover the gems of the Middle East - October 25, 2016
- Ace acers by Lynne Turner - October 24, 2016
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016