The secret to a healthier life can be rather unexpected. Not only can crafting positively impact your mental wellbeing, but it’s also known to have soothing effects and social benefits.
We’re not saying that crafting is the be-all and end-all of a restless mind. However there are compelling signs to suggest that it can help alleviate some of the stresses of day-to-day life – or more.
Cardmaking is perhaps the simplest form of crafting; it’s perfect for beginners, yet gives talented crafters the chance to display their talents. Aside from keeping you active and providing some enjoyment, it’s also a more thoughtful way to express your thoughts to loved ones – and it’s so much cheaper too!
That’s why we’ve put together this Christmas Card Kit for Absolute Beginners – containing all the materials you need and step-by-step instructions. The starter kit enables you to create up to 24 handmade Christmas cards for your loved ones and, better yet, it only costs £5 for you to do so.
This £5 Kit Includes:
- 24 quality pre-creased cards
- Pretty foiled images to layer up
- A sheet of foam pads – so you can get sticking straight away
- Detailed instructions and inspiration for your handmade cards
- Co-ordinating envelopes – pop those cards in the post!
- And more…
Crafting Can Be Therapeutic
John Bloodworth, also known as the Gentleman Crafter, is a prime example of how crafting can soothe.
Throughout his life, John has suffered excruciating periods of depression and anxiety – but he soon found a creative outlet that made his mind feel a little more tranquil. He found crafting is fantastic for reducing stress, lessening anxiety levels, and improving your overall mood. As UK-based mental health charity, Mind, was a valuable support system for John, he’s decided to take to the road to raise money and awareness about issues so close to his heart – crafting as he goes along. You can read more about John’s Mission Here.
Studies show that crafting imparts mindfulness, confidence, and mental stimulation. As it requires a hands-on approach, crafting ordinarily increases people’s rhythmic hand movements to improve dexterity and hand-eye coordination too. Not to mention, it’s a fantastic way to connect with others!
So, why not explore your creativity this festive season? You never know, you might get hooked!
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Why you should choose Dubai as your next holiday - December 6, 2016
- Springtime Charms At Half the Price - December 6, 2016
- £50 saving on 12 boutique wines from Virgin Wines - December 6, 2016
- Blackberry and Blueberry Christmas Cake - December 6, 2016
- Create the Perfect Gift in Just 30 Minutes - December 6, 2016