Optical Express Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
This offer is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents who enter the Prize Draw win free lens surgery – worth up to £7390!
1. Entry into the Prize Draw is deemed full and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. In order to enter the prize draw, entrants must enter a valid email address and by doing so are agreeing to receive regular email communications from Silversurfers and Optical Express. Should entrants no longer wish to receive emails, they may unsubscribe from the newsletter/mailing at any time.
3. Silversurfers do not sell or share your data with any other company, however we will pass your details on to our service providers and agents.
4. The closing date is 5pm on Saturday 31st January 2015 (UK time).
5. The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
6. The prize is a voucher for the full costs of laser eye surgery or natural lens replacement at Optical Express
7. By entering the Optical Express prize draw you consent to Optical Express contacting you and processing your personal data to enable it to operate the prize draw.
8. In the event you are selected as a winner of the prize draw, we will contact you by telephone or email to notify you. As a condition of receiving your prize you will be required to provide a photograph and testimonial to Optical Express and confirm that you consent to Optical Express publishing your name, photograph and the testimonial upon the website located at opticalexpress.co.uk or opticalexpress.ie. If you don’t wish to give your consent for these activities then please do not enter the prize draw. If you do not provide a photograph or testimonial, or confirm your consent, or respond at all to our contact, within 28 days of us contacting you your right to the prize will be automatically withdrawn.
9. All vouchers must be redeemed within three months of their date or they will automatically lapse.
10. The provision of laser eye surgery or natural lens replacement is subject to patient clinical suitability as determined at a free consultation at an Optical Express clinic. If a winner attends a consultation for laser eye surgery or natural lens replacement and is found to be clinically unsuitable, then a voucher worth £500/€500 to be redeemed by the winner against other Optical Express products and or services will be issued.
11. Prizes and vouchers are not transferable under any circumstances, even if a winner is deemed clinically unsuitable for laser eye surgery or natural lens replacement following their consultation.
12. The surgeon’s decision on clinical suitability and whether to proceed with treatment is final.
13. There is no cash alternative available.
14. These rules are governed by English law.
15. One entry per person. Entrants must be aged 18 years of age or over.
16. The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries and will be formally notified (by email) within 7 days of the closing date.
17. The main winner of the prize must respond within 14 days of being notified to claim their prize.
18. If the prize is not claimed within 28 days of the prize winner being notified it will be redrawn and awarded to the new winner.
19. Silversurfers decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Prize winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity via social media.
21. Promoter: Optical Express (Westfield) Limited, 5 Deerdykes Road, Westfield, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G68 9HF (“Optical Express”).
22. Optical Express indemnifies Silversurfers for any liability it may have, however arising, in relation to a claim by a Silversurfers website user in relation to a product or service provided by Optical Express
23. The prize draw is not open to employees associated with Silversurfers, and their Associated companies or their families.
24. Use of false name or addresses, for example, a name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
25. These rules are governed by English law.