Prize Draw Terms & Conditions for Qantas tickets
- By entering this prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or over.
- The Prize
- The prize is 2 adult return Economy tickets from London Heathrow to Australia on Qantas operated flight QF2 or QF10 and returning from Australia to London Heathrow on Qantas operated flight QF1 or QF9. This prize is not transferrable to other persons.
- The prize includes VAT and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
- Prize travel must be booked by 30 November 2019 with travel completed by 30 June 2020. Flights are subject to availability at the time of booking. Travel dates which are excluded are:
- 29 June – 27 October 2019 inclusive
- 6 December 2019 – 6 Feb 2020 inclusive
- 1 April – 30 April 2020 inclusive
- 7 June – 30 June 2020 inclusive
- There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure that they are fit for travel, with adequate travel insurance, VISA approval and passport duration for travel.
- The winner will be solely responsible for any tax liability incurred as a result of this offer.
- The winners agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize, and the prize is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts.
- Prizes must not be sold or auctioned and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The prize draw is open to residents of the UK and Ireland, except employees of Silversurfers, prize draw sponsors, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
- Entries are to be submitted by completing the official online registration form. The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
- Only fully completed registrations will be eligible.
- Only one entry per person.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is Friday 31st July 2019 at 11:59pm.
- The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries and will be formally notified (by email) within 7 days of the closing date.
- The main winner of the prize must respond within 7 days of being notified to claim their prize. If the prize is not claimed within 21 days of the prize winner being notified it will be redrawn and awarded to the new winner.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner must agree to have his/her name published as the winner of the competition and to be photographed for promotional purposes, if requested, and Qantas reserve the right to announce the winner of this prize on our social media channels.
- Silversurfers will accept no responsibility for loss of entries through technical fault, transmission delays or incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- Use of false name or addresses, for example, a name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- Silversurfers do not sell or share your data with any other company, however, we will pass the winner’s details on to our service providers and agents.
- The promoter of the prize draw is: Silversurfers, Ashbourne House, The Guildway, Old Portsmouth Rd, Guildford GU3 1LR
- The Prize Partner of this promotion is Qantas, 401 King Street, Hammersmith, W6 9NJThe prize provider reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this prize draw should causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the prize draw.
- Silversurfers has no responsibility for the prize itself and accepts no liability if any aspect of the holiday causes loss, damage or distress to the winner. Any issues that the winner may have should be raised directly with Qantas – Qantas, 401 King Street, Hammersmith, W6 9NJ
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!