The advantages to Algarve Senior Living
The advantages just keep adding up: tax-free pensions and full accessibility: latest advantages to Algarve Senior Living’s solution
Algarve Senior Living, the region’s first comprehensive and flexible solution for independent seniors, has added a third location to its portfolio: a beautiful site on the Arade River near Portimão in the Algarve.
The primarily rental-based solution including accommodation, services and a variety of age-appropriate activities ranging from walking to painting, yoga to golf, now includes sea, country and river view options.
The site, stylishly decorated with modern furnishings, offers stunning river views from all apartments, and is strategically located within walking distance of bus and train, and has an on-site jetty with access to river transport to town, beach and a variety of tours. Interested clients can stay for an initial period to try the solution.
Clients have started to confirm extended stays in the 1 and 2 bed apartments in order to make the most of Portugal’s legislation allowing new and eligible pensioners from abroad, who spend more than 183 days in the country, to receive their pensions tax-free for 10 years.
The response and interest from the market to the third site underscores the fact that accessible facilities broaden the appeal of a site for families and friends of disabled guests and wheelchair users, as well as general tourists, who can occupy more spacious, functional spaces.
The site’s accessibility credentials are impeccable and include 60 fully accessible rooms, elevator and ramp access (including to indoor and outdoor pools, terraces and all public areas), wide doors, fully prepared bathrooms and showers with rails and support bars, sensor activated sliding doors and lighting. Additional services offered by www.algarveseniorliving.com include partnerships with specialist transport companies, guaranteeing coverage well beyond guest arrivals at local airports, as well as equipment rental and better signage.
Beat those winter blues with a getaway for two at €450 for a two week stay (T&Cs apply)
• Start the New Year by treating yourself or someone you care about to an incredible get-away in the warmer Algarve
• 2 weeks in January or February. Any start and end dates
• Fully accessible site
• €450 for two weeks in a 1-bed apartment (up to 2 people) – all apartments are fully accessible for any guests with physical disabilities
• Included: weekly clean and change of linen
• Included: internet and cable TV
• Included: unlimited access to indoor heated and outdoor pools, gym, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Facilities wheelchair accessible.
• Inquire about private transfers to and from Faro airport (fully accessible transport available on request)
• Access to on-site restaurant and spa (meals and spa treatments payable separately)
• Add breakfast for €8.50, or HB for €17.50, per person per day
• Enquire about our extensive programme of activities, from golf to yoga, painting to walking
• Subject to availability and T&C
• Click here for more pictures
• Additional weeks or days can be purchased and added to your stay
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Make this your summer of reading! - June 20, 2018
- Win a £50 Morrisons voucher and treat yourself this summer - June 20, 2018
- In the comfort of his own herd - June 19, 2018
- Will you still buy mohair, cashmere, silk and feather products? - June 19, 2018
- Eamonn Holmes reveals hearing loss - June 19, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!