The advantages just keep adding up: tax-free pensions and full accessibility: latest advantages to Algarve Senior Living’s solution
Algarve Senior Living, the region’s first comprehensive and flexible solution for independent seniors, has added a third location to its portfolio: a beautiful site on the Arade River near Portimão in the Algarve.
The primarily rental-based solution including accommodation, services and a variety of age-appropriate activities ranging from walking to painting, yoga to golf, now includes sea, country and river view options.
The site, stylishly decorated with modern furnishings, offers stunning river views from all apartments, and is strategically located within walking distance of bus and train, and has an on-site jetty with access to river transport to town, beach and a variety of tours. Interested clients can stay for an initial period to try the solution.
Clients have started to confirm extended stays in the 1 and 2 bed apartments in order to make the most of Portugal’s legislation allowing new and eligible pensioners from abroad, who spend more than 183 days in the country, to receive their pensions tax-free for 10 years.
The response and interest from the market to the third site underscores the fact that accessible facilities broaden the appeal of a site for families and friends of disabled guests and wheelchair users, as well as general tourists, who can occupy more spacious, functional spaces.
The site’s accessibility credentials are impeccable and include 60 fully accessible rooms, elevator and ramp access (including to indoor and outdoor pools, terraces and all public areas), wide doors, fully prepared bathrooms and showers with rails and support bars, sensor activated sliding doors and lighting. Additional services offered by www.algarveseniorliving.com include partnerships with specialist transport companies, guaranteeing coverage well beyond guest arrivals at local airports, as well as equipment rental and better signage.
Beat those winter blues with a getaway for two at €450 for a two week stay (T&Cs apply)
• Start the New Year by treating yourself or someone you care about to an incredible get-away in the warmer Algarve
• 2 weeks in January or February. Any start and end dates
• Fully accessible site
• €450 for two weeks in a 1-bed apartment (up to 2 people) – all apartments are fully accessible for any guests with physical disabilities
• Included: weekly clean and change of linen
• Included: internet and cable TV
• Included: unlimited access to indoor heated and outdoor pools, gym, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Facilities wheelchair accessible.
• Inquire about private transfers to and from Faro airport (fully accessible transport available on request)
• Access to on-site restaurant and spa (meals and spa treatments payable separately)
• Add breakfast for €8.50, or HB for €17.50, per person per day
• Enquire about our extensive programme of activities, from golf to yoga, painting to walking
• Subject to availability and T&C
• Click here for more pictures
• Additional weeks or days can be purchased and added to your stay
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Something to sing about, by Janice Wilkinson - October 22, 2016
- By Ron Adams - October 22, 2016
- Where do you think the extra runway should be built – Heathrow or Gatwick? - October 21, 2016
- Beach breaks in Goa - October 21, 2016
- Peace & Tranquility in Your Home Away from Home - October 21, 2016