Findmypast Free Weekend 18-21 September 2015
Findmypast are opening up their archives and giving unlimited free access to billions of records and newspaper pages from all over the world. From midday on Friday, September 18th to midday on Monday, September 21st, 2015 you can have access to Findmypast’s comprehensive collections of historical records and innovative research tools including:
- – Millions of records you won’t find anywhere else, including fascinating WW2 Prisoner of War records, millions of England & Wales Crime records andthe incredible British in India collection.
- – Birth, marriage and death records dating back to the 18th century
- – The largest online collection of UK parish records, dating back to 1538
- – Historical newspapers from across the world, including more than 11 million British newspaper dating all the way back to 1710
- – The most comprehensive collection of UK military records anywhere online
- – The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
- – Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA
- – An easy to use online family tree builder, which allows you to import and export your tree if you’ve built it elsewhere
… As well as millions of other records that will give everyone the opportunity to explore their family history, and bring their past to life.
Extended access for existing users
For those with current Findmypast Local subscriptions (with an active Britain, Ireland, US & Canada or Australia & New Zealand subscription) you will be able to access Findmypast’s historical World records during the free access weekend, and those with active World subscriptions will have an additional three days added to their subscription.