Introducing the new iPad mini
With a great fanfare, media frenzy and the usual explosion of PR, last night Apple released its next great creation, the iPad mini.
As indicated by its name, iPad mini, this is smaller than the current iPad with a screen of just 7.9 inches and designed to fit into the palm of your hand, a pocket or handbag. It is also 23% thinner and 53% lighter than the current model and weighs only 310 grams. It looks and feels beautiful as all Apple products do and is sure to be a real winner
The technology is really amazing with a new camera that has a 5 lens element and a hybrid infra-red filter which are usually only found on very expensive SLR cameras which keeps out harmful IT light for more accurate and uniform colours.
It has ultrafast wireless which is actually double the speed of the current ipads so its perfect for surfing the web. The price for the cheapest option is £269, which is £80 less that the iPad 2 with the same memory, and £70 more than the Google Nexus 7, but no doubt it will fly off the shelves in the next few months.
Have a look at the official Apple commercial if you want to see all the technical benefits and the thinking behind this new product. Click the Play Arrow on the picture above to watch it.
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- 5 Overseas Hampers to send to loved ones abroad - October 22, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 22, 2021
- Must-read annuals guaranteed to entertain - October 22, 2021
- Plan a Christmas to remember with our range of thoughtful gifts for your loved ones - October 22, 2021
- Have you been able to book your Covid Booster yet? - October 21, 2021