With a great fanfare, media frenzy and the usual explosion of PR, last night Apple released its next great creation, the iPad mini.
As indicated by its name, iPad mini, this is smaller than the current iPad with a screen of just 7.9 inches and designed to fit into the palm of your hand, a pocket or handbag. It is also 23% thinner and 53% lighter than the current model and weighs only 310 grams. It looks and feels beautiful as all Apple products do and is sure to be a real winner
The technology is really amazing with a new camera that has a 5 lens element and a hybrid infra-red filter which are usually only found on very expensive SLR cameras which keeps out harmful IT light for more accurate and uniform colours.
It has ultrafast wireless which is actually double the speed of the current ipads so its perfect for surfing the web. The price for the cheapest option is £269, which is £80 less that the iPad 2 with the same memory, and £70 more than the Google Nexus 7, but no doubt it will fly off the shelves in the next few months.
Have a look at the official Apple commercial if you want to see all the technical benefits and the thinking behind this new product. Click the Play Arrow on the picture above to watch it.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Where do you think the extra runway should be built – Heathrow or Gatwick? - October 21, 2016
- Beach breaks in Goa - October 21, 2016
- Peace & Tranquility in Your Home Away from Home - October 21, 2016
- Sunset in Abbotsbury, Dorset by Patty Ball - October 20, 2016
- How to Make a Scrapbook with a CEWE PHOTOBOOK - October 20, 2016