Terms & Conditions for Emirates tickets prize draw
Terms & Conditions:
- By entering this competition entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- Entrants must be 21 years old or over.
- The prize comprises of a pair of complimentary Economy Class return tickets from the UK (Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, and Glasgow) to anywhere on the Emirates route network (excluding North & South America).
- Both members of the winning party must take their outward and inward journeys together.
- Both members must have valid passports, visas, & holiday insurance that covers the activities and where necessary, vaccinations and inoculations. Winners and their companions will be solely responsible for any tax liability incurred as a result of this offer.
- The trip does not include airport taxes. Applicable airport taxes will need to be paid. These will be advised at the time of booking.
The tickets may be used to travel on Emirates in 2015-2016 between the following dates:
18 January 2016 – 11 February 2016
23 February 2016 – 17 March 2016
18 April 2016 – 31 May 2016
If you are leaving from Glasgow, the tickets may be used to travel on Emirates in 2015-2016 between the following dates:
18 January 2016 – 11February 2016
20 February 2016 – 17 March 2016
18 April 2016 – 24 June 2016
Prize is subject to flight availability and routes are subject to change. Travel is only permitted on Emirates marketed and operated flights – codeshare services not permitted. Tickets are subject to space availability and are non-reroutable, non-transferable, non-refundable and have no cash value.
- Flight bookings are subject to availability and preferred dates are not guaranteed. On some dates you may not be able to use your gift voucher i.e. on public holidays.
- The costs of transfers, travel insurance, accommodations, parking, meals, spending money and all and any other incidental travel expenses are not included in the prize.
- Tickets are for Economy Class travel only and it is not possible to ‘upgrade’ the ticket to a higher class of travel by paying a supplement or by using Skywards miles.
- Skywards miles cannot be accrued when travelling on a prize-winner ticket.
- Travel to the airport and all transfers are not included and shall be paid for by the winner.
- All prizes are non transferable, non amendable and not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.
- Name changes, extensions or route changes are not permitted. All persons must travel on the same flight and dates as the winner and carry a valid passport. The prize must be used by the winner and companion travelling together. If the winner cannot accept the prize, a new winner will be selected.
- Emirates Airlines disclaim liability for typographical errors and errors in distributions. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- Visa: It is the prize-winners responsibility to ensure that, should a visa be required to enter a country, this is to be obtained prior to travelling. Failure to ensure the correct documentation is in place will probably result in the passenger being refused passage on the aircraft.
- Travel Insurance: It is the prize-winners responsibility to ensure they have proper travel insurance cover prior to beginning their journey.
- Health Documents: It is the prize-winners responsibility to ensure they are in possession of any health documents that may be required for the country they are visiting. Failure to obtain such documents could result in the passenger being refused entry.
- Prizes must not be sold or auctioned.
- The prize draw is open to residents of the UK, except employees of Silversurfers, competition sponsors, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw and competition.
- Entries are to be submitted by completing the official online registration form. The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
- Only fully completed registrations will be eligible.
- Only one entry per household.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is Monday 30th November 2015 at 11:59pm. The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries and will be formally notified (by email) within 7 days of the closing date.
- The main winner of the prize must respond within 14 days of being notified to claim their prize. If the prize is not claimed within 21 days of the prize winner being notified it will be redrawn and awarded to the new winner.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner must agree to have his/her name published as the winner of the prize draw and to be photographed for promotional purposes, if requested.
- In order to enter the prize draw, entrants must enter a valid email address and by doing so are agreeing to receive regular email communications from Silversurfers and Emirates. Should entrants no longer wish to receive emails, they may unsubscribe from the newsletter/mailing at any time.
- Silversurfers will accept no responsibility for loss of entries through technical fault, transmission delays or incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- This promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer
- Use of false name or addresses, for example, a name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- Silversurfers do not sell or share your data with any other company, however we will pass your details on to our service providers and agents.
- The promoter of the prize draw is: Silversurfers, Albury Mill, Mill Lane, Chilworth, Guildford, Surrey GU4 8RU
- The Prize Partner of this promotion is Emirates Airways, 1st Floor, Gloucester Park, 96 Cromwell Road, London, SW6 4DL
- The prize provider reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this competition should causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the prize draw.
- Silversurfers has no responsibility for the prize itself and accepts no liability if any aspect of the holiday causes loss, damage or distress to the winner and his/her accompanying partner. Any issues that the winner may have relating to the flights should be raised directly with Emirates Airways.
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!