Aberdeen Angus beef and the Arbroath Smokie are a must-try for visitors to Scotland, according to a new book by travel experts.
The culinary favourites feature in Lonely Planet’s Food Lover’s Guide to the World which lists the best foods to be found across the globe.
The book describes Aberdeen Angus beef as “the pride of the butchers’ block” and the Arbroath Smokie as a “unique, creamy, savoury, cured fish.”
Isle of Mull Cheddar also features on a list of the world’s best cheeses.
The authors say the “moist, soft, crumbly cheese born in the bleakly beautiful Isle of Mull,” deserves more of the spotlight in the cheddar world.
The hardback title has been compiled by a team of food writers with an introduction by Mark Bittman, author of the best-selling book How To Cook Everything.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- by Barbara Wooldridge - October 25, 2016
- Ever Fancied Owning Your Own Racehorse? - October 25, 2016
- Discover the gems of the Middle East - October 25, 2016
- Ace acers by Lynne Turner - October 24, 2016
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016