Aberdeen Angus beef is a ‘must-try’ for visitors to Scotland
Aberdeen Angus beef and the Arbroath Smokie are a must-try for visitors to Scotland, according to a new book by travel experts.
The culinary favourites feature in Lonely Planet’s Food Lover’s Guide to the World which lists the best foods to be found across the globe.
The book describes Aberdeen Angus beef as “the pride of the butchers’ block” and the Arbroath Smokie as a “unique, creamy, savoury, cured fish.”
Isle of Mull Cheddar also features on a list of the world’s best cheeses.
The authors say the “moist, soft, crumbly cheese born in the bleakly beautiful Isle of Mull,” deserves more of the spotlight in the cheddar world.
The hardback title has been compiled by a team of food writers with an introduction by Mark Bittman, author of the best-selling book How To Cook Everything.
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- 5 Hobbies to Start before 2022 - October 25, 2021
- Pumpkin and Red Pepper Soup with Crispy Shallots and Pumpkin Seeds - October 25, 2021
- Quiz: Can you name all these types of pasta? - October 24, 2021
- 5 Overseas Hampers to send to loved ones abroad - October 22, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 22, 2021