Discover South Africa with Giltedge Africa
Giltedge Africa specialises in tailor-made holidays and safaris to Southern Africa, East Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. As the 6-time winner of “South Africa’s Leading Luxury Tour Operator” we pride ourselves on our exceptional levels of service and expert travel advice.
To start planning your African safari call Giltedge on 0800 680 0423. Or you can drop us an email at [email protected].
Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari
3 Nights Cape Grace Hotel, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
2 Nights Kanonkop Guest House, Knysna, Garden Route
2 Nights Settlers Drift, Kariega Game Reserve, Eastern Cape Safari
Private full-day tour of the Cape Peninsula
Private full-day tour of the Cape Winelands
Days 1 – 3
Stepping off the plane you’ll be met at the airport, and given a private transfer to the Cape Grace in the V&A Waterfront.
The Cape Grace has an enviable location on its own private quay in Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront. Set against a backdrop of Table Mountain, this award-winning hotel is known for both its luxurious accommodation and exceptional levels of service. What’s more, staying here puts you a short stroll from restaurants, designer shops, craft markets and the Robben Island ferry.
Day2: Cape Town
On your first full day in Cape Town you’ll be collected from the Cape Grace, and taken on a private guided tour of the Cape Peninsula. Your tour takes you past the famous white sand beaches of Camps Bay and Clifton, through the fishing village of Hout Bay (with an optional boat trip to Seal Island), and along Chapman’s Peak Drive – one of the most scenic coastal roads in the world.
You’ll travel to the tip of the peninsular to stand on top of Cape Point’s rugged cliffs. Visit the penguin colony at Boulder’s Beach. And wander around the beautiful gardens at Kirstenbosch on the lower slopes of Table Mountain. Of course, being a private tour, these stops can be changed or added to according to your mood and interests.
Day 3: Cape Winelands
Your guide will pick you up from the Cape Grace, this time for a full-day private tour of the Cape Winelands. Again the day is shaped around your interests: visit Stellenbosch with its oak-lined streets, Cape Dutch architecture and sidewalk cafes. Or the pretty town of Franschhoek which, being the gourmet capital of South Africa, is a top choice for foodies.
Whichever area you pick, you’ll find the Cape Winelands is truly beautiful with grand old estates surrounded by neat rows of vineyards. Sip and swirl wines, try various pairings, go on cellar tours and sit down to lunch on a sunny terrace. The winelands is also known for its art galleries and sculpture gardens, excellent restaurants, outdoor activities (such as horse riding and mountain biking), and magnificent mountain views.
Days 4 – 5
From Cape Town you’ll be driven up the beach-lined Garden Route to Kanonkop Guest House in Knysna.
Kanonkop Guest House
This five-star boutique hotel sits high on a hill overlooking the peaceful Knysna lagoon. Kanonkop is surrounded by an indigenous forest; and the terraced garden, swimming pool, sundeck and outdoor lounge all make the most of the lagoon views. Staying here you’re made to feel right at home, with staff happily making restaurant reservations or giving advice on great things to do.
Some recommended activities on the Garden Route:
- Knysna Lagoon meets with the surge of sea from the Indian Ocean through the mighty headlands – known as the ‘Knysna Heads’. A number of trips are available to the Heads (called the Featherbed Nature Reserve) from sundowner cruises to eco experiences.
- Knysna Waterfront has a lovely selection of restaurants, cafes and shops with views onto the water.
- The forest canopy tour zips you from one platform to another using a steel cable suspended up to 30 metres above the forest floor. The scenery and birdlife is spectacular.
- Nearby Plettenberg Bay has safe swimming beaches that are popular with sun seekers and families alike.
- Plettenberg Bay offers fantastic boat trips out to view dolphins (in summer) and whales (in winter). You also have the option of kayaking out.
- Visit the nearby small towns of Wilderness and Sedgefield. A great stop for nature lovers with their broad sandy beaches, lakes and bird-filled forest.
- Visit Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary, and wander through the forest as many different breeds of monkeys swing through the branches above you.
- Visit Birds of Eden Sanctuary, the largest free-flight bird aviary in the world.
Days 6 & 7
You are driven inland to Kariega Reserve where you’ll stay at Settlers Drift in a luxury tent.
Kariega Game Reserve
Kariega is a family-owned and operated Big 5 private safari reserve located in South Africa’s Eastern Cape. The reserve is situated along the Garden Route, making it the perfect South African safari destination to compliment a Cape Town visit and a trip along the country’s beautiful coast.
The “tents” are very spacious (110m²) – each with a bedroom and living area, full bathroom, indoor/outdoor shower and private viewing deck.
Animals that you’ve got a good chance of seeing include lion, elephant, rhino, hippo, giraffe, zebra, a wide variety of antelope and myriad of bird species.
Activities include: twice daily game drives, early morning and late afternoon
- 06h00 : tea, coffee and a snack. Depart for an early morning game drive
- 10h00 : return for a hearty breakfast/brunch
- 11h00 : enjoy a bush walk, a spa treatment, have a swim, soak in the view from your private deck, or just relax or siesta
- 14h30 : savor the flavors of our well-earned high tea
- 16h00 : depart for an evening game drive and sundowners
- 19h30 : return to the lodge for your evening meal in either the boma or the restaurant.
* The above indicated times are adapted slightly during winter months.
Cost: From £ 4,150 per person sharing
Cost does not included
- Regional flights arriving into Cape Town & Departing Port Elizabeth Airport
Latest posts by Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Should we have a second EU referendum? - July 16, 2018
- Invest in health and wellbeing with Droplet – the new intelligent smart mug - July 16, 2018
- Cremation Without Ceremony - July 13, 2018
- Comfort For The Sole - July 12, 2018
- Treat your feet this Summer - July 12, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!