Gardens and villas of the Italian lakes
The Mayor of Dunstable takes an unforgettable trip of culture, history and sights to remember for a life time.
One has to go far to find a more perfect and peaceful landscape than the shores of Lake Como, where this Kirker Holidays tour is based. Read John Chatterley’s account of this tranquil, serene and timeless part of Italy with mountains that fringe the crystal waters which provide a dramatic backdrop to the beautiful villas that stretch up the hillsides from the lake shores.
John visits villas which have been built over the centuries by wealthy Milanese families with superb gardens, as well as a visit to the shores of Lake Maggiore and another of the most beautiful regions of Italy. What makes the tour really special is the tour guide, Christopher Moncton, who has led countless tours all over the world covering many subjects and periods. He is equally at home in the ancient world as he is in the major art galleries of Europe and makes the whole experience memorable and entertaining.
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- What is equity release and could it be right for you? - October 14, 2021
- Do you eat less meat than you used to? - October 11, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 6, 2021
- Must-read annuals guaranteed to entertain - October 6, 2021
- Make your LPA online with Co-op Legal Services - October 6, 2021