Top 5 Summer Walking Destinations!
Nothing beats walking in the great outdoors – stunning vistas of lakes and mountains, rolling hills covered with luscious wildflower meadows and the beautifully fresh air…
Whether you are a keen walker or your New Year’s resolution is to get fitter (the fun way) there could be something here for you!
Many of their destinations offer Guided Wanderwalks around surrounding areas. As with ski slopes; they vary from easy to difficult with plenty of moderate routes in between. They are a great way to meet people and fantastic for keeping active whilst on holiday. Enjoy your stroll!
A fantastic and tradition Austrian town, Ischgl boasts a lovely ambience and has superb infrastructure, including a state-of-the-art lift system, allowing you to enjoy some stunning mountain walks and hikes. The most popular walk goes across the border into Switzerland’s Samnaun Valley: take the cable-car up to the highest station before walking down into the Samnaun Valley with panoramic views on offer all the way.
- 7 nights from £538 per person
- FREE packed lunches
- FREE Resort Card – enjoy free use of all lifts in Ischgl, Galtür, Samnaun, Kappl and See, free public transport along the valley as well as entrance to the local museums and swimming pools in Ischgl and Galtür.
The quaint village of Talloires enjoys a beautiful location on Lake Annecy’s shores and is one of Inghams’ favourites. Annecy (the lake’s main resort) is only 9 miles away and provides a lovely and picturesque walk right alongside the lake. You can also enjoy walks along the Bauges Mountain Range as well as a fascinating tour of Talloires, detailing the history of the village dating back to the 9th century.
- 7 nights from £459 per person
- FREE Resort Card – make the most of your holiday with a free return boat trip to Annecy and a host of other benefits such as free use of the tennis courts and bike hire as well as free access to mini-golf, adventure course and the beaches.
A Slovenian classic, Lake Bled has been a popular holiday destination for years and the attraction is obvious with its fairy tale looks, cliff-top medieval castle and the church on Slovenia’s only island right in the heart of the lake. The famous walk to do here is the lap of the lake visiting the pretty villages of Mlino, Selo and Ribno that are based around the lake.
- 7 nights from £429 per person
- FREE visit to Bled Castle
- FREE Resort Card – receive up to 50% off sightseeing, wellness treatments and sports activities in Lake Bled.
One of our favourite resorts, Lech is a superb destination for walking and hiking. This stylish, picturesque village offers plenty of opportunities for walks and wildlife spotting – from leisurely strolls along the river to more adventurous hikes to alpine pastures and huts.
- 7 nights from £499pp
- FREE resort card for Inghams guests – Free use of all lifts and walkers’ buses, free entrance to many attractions including a lovely open-air pool in the forest, golf, fishing and evening entertainment
- Free packed lunches at selected hotels
- Book 2 full day excursions and receive a third half-price
Not only is Malcesine a gorgeous town, not only does it overlook the beautiful Lake Garda, but it is also positioned brilliantly for walking. With the Monte Baldo cable car located only a 400m walk from the centre of Malcesine, and plenty of varied walking at the top as well as incredible views, what more could you ask for? You can also stroll some of Lake Garda’s amazing coastline if you use the Inghams Guided Wanderwalk.
- 7 nights from £399 per person
- FREE Excursion to Verona when you pre-book 3 excursions per person
All prices are correct at the time of publication and are subject to availability. All offers are for 7 nights and include flights, transfers and accommodation (typically on a half-board basis). Supplements for selected flights/airports may apply.
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Beach Boys lyric or Qantas route? - July 22, 2019
- Would you be happy sharing your local woodland with top predators? - July 18, 2019
- 6 common suncare mistakes not to make this summer - July 15, 2019
- Thai Fragrant Coconut King Prawn Curry - July 15, 2019
- I’m Over 50, so what are my Life Insurance options? - July 15, 2019
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!