The Bollywood factor is boosting UK tourism to India.
As many as one million Britons flew to the Indian city of Mumbai last year, with many lured by the attraction of the Indian film industry.
Virgin Atlantic’s daily services to Mumbai began last month and the International Air Transport Association predicts that UK-Mumbai traffic will rise by 6% each year until 2015.
Virgin, which already flies daily to Delhi, expects to carry more than 140,000 passengers a year to Mumbai.
Virgin Atlantic spokeswoman Anna Catchpole said: “Mumbai is the centre of the Bollywood industry, and we expect it to become just as popular as any of the big sets in Hollywood.
“There’s no greater pleasure for Bollywood film fans than to travel to the exact location in Mumbai where some of their favourite films were shot.”
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- by Barbara Wooldridge - October 25, 2016
- Ever Fancied Owning Your Own Racehorse? - October 25, 2016
- Discover the gems of the Middle East - October 25, 2016
- Ace acers by Lynne Turner - October 24, 2016
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016