Bollywood boosts new Virgin route
The Bollywood factor is boosting UK tourism to India.
As many as one million Britons flew to the Indian city of Mumbai last year, with many lured by the attraction of the Indian film industry.
Virgin Atlantic’s daily services to Mumbai began last month and the International Air Transport Association predicts that UK-Mumbai traffic will rise by 6% each year until 2015.
Virgin, which already flies daily to Delhi, expects to carry more than 140,000 passengers a year to Mumbai.
Virgin Atlantic spokeswoman Anna Catchpole said: “Mumbai is the centre of the Bollywood industry, and we expect it to become just as popular as any of the big sets in Hollywood.
“There’s no greater pleasure for Bollywood film fans than to travel to the exact location in Mumbai where some of their favourite films were shot.”
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Preparing your home for Winter - September 17, 2020
- Blackberry Lemon Layer Cake - September 17, 2020
- Funeral plans guarantee so much more than Over 50s policies - September 17, 2020
- If you like radio – you’ll love our money guide podcast series - September 16, 2020
- Would you have a fake lawn in your garden? - September 15, 2020