The perfect getaway in Devon
If your idea of the perfect holiday getaway is to escape to a rural location, close to the coast and glorious countryside, yet with top family attractions on your door step, then a stay at our Devon holiday park is for you.
The Jurassic Coast World Heritage site is just a stone’s throw away from our caravan park, while we also lie within the Area of Outstanding National Beauty and close to the wilds of Dartmoor – perfect for those who like nothing more than enjoying the great outdoors.
For nearly 50 years Oakdown Caravan Park in Devon has been carefully fashioned by the Franks Family, from the open Devonshire farmland it was to the multi-award winning park it is today. Situated near Sidmouth, we are the areas only AA Platinum Park and once again, we have been given the David Bellamy Gold award for conservation 2019. Our other awards include – Visit England 5 star 2019, South West Holiday Park of the Year GOLD winner 2018 and Visit Devon Gold 2017
Reasons to visit Oakdown
- Clean Paws Dog Spa (new for 2019) Designed with your canine friend in mind this bespoke dog wash area is equipped with a dog bath with hot water shower and a doggie hair dryer. The hut is lit with solar power and is open for use all day.
- Oak Mead Café – open to guests and non-residents the café team offer a range of snacks, fresh to order artisan pizza’s and home-made Italian gelato
- Oakmead Golf is a 9 hole, par 3, 748 year long course. it is extremely popular all year round and is open to non-residents.
- Oakdown’s own field trail leads across the meadows to the world famous Donkey Sanctuary – a wonderful level stroll for all the family and dogs too!
- 16 superb Leisure Lodges, Touring Pitches, Glamping Grove with Camping Pods and Shepherd Huts
- Top class facilities and spotlessly clean amenities which are rated 5 star on Trip Advisor
- If you dream of owning your own beautiful holiday hideaway Oakdown also have a Holiday Homes section here.
Oakdown Holiday Park in Devon- the perfect place for caravan, touring, camping and glamping holidays.
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!