Top reasons you should try river cruising
Discover some of the world’s most niche locations on board a river cruise.
Sail right into the heart of each city; visiting colourful villages and picturesque landscapes. Be in awe as you pass through beautiful destinations and go on epic adventures. Explore the mystical Mekong or sail down the Rhine, one of the most scenic rivers in the world, flowing from Switzerland through to Holland.
Top reasons you should try river cruising.
- No rough seas, no sea sickness, just smooth sailing from destination to destination.
- Overnights in multiple ports provide you with the opportunity to delve deeper into the city to see how the locals live.
- Shore excursions in unique destinations are a wonderful way to discover and see a different side to each location.
- No port fuss as you can travel straight from the ship to your new destination.
- Indulge in exquisite food paired with fantastic wines onboard. One of the many highlights on a river cruise.
- Take time and unwind in a relaxing environment on board whether it be a pamper session in the spa or quiet time in the library.
- Most river cruises offer added extras and benefits from free drinks, WiFi, tours, flights, transfers and much more.
- Enjoy an intimate atmosphere and meet new people onboard a river cruise ship. With a low crew to guest ratio you can rest assure that your every need will be attended to with the utmost care.
Top River cruises to experience.
- Rhine/ Moselle/ Tributaries
Visit Iglu Cruise and take a look at our Top 10 best-selling, best value and most popular river cruises from £639pp.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Should the State Pension be means tested? - April 30, 2017
- Thinking of selling your diamond jewellery? - April 27, 2017
- Asparagus Tartlets with Goats’ Cheese, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Rocket - April 25, 2017
- Would you like to see Woolworths back on the High Street? - April 24, 2017
- Win One of Three Lean Meat Hampers from Muscle Food! - April 23, 2017
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!