The fantastically rich and varied history of Iran has left behind a dramatic cultural heritage.
This new 10-night tour by regional specialists Cox & Kings reveals the best of that legacy, including the supreme Islamic architecture of Isfahan and Shiraz, the ancient Achaemenid capital of Pasargadae and the splendid bas-reliefs of the Palace of Persepolis. Prices start from £1,995 per person.
Beginning in Shiraz, discover the beautiful Islamic architecture of the city; wander the former Persian capital of Persepolis; explore Cyrus the Great’s capital at Pasargadae; and discover layers of history in wonders such as Isfahan and Zoroastrian Towers of Silence in Yazd. Finally, spend 2-nights in Tehran exploring the capital, including the Unesco world heritage site of the Golestan Palace. There are ten tour departures for 2016, with the first departing on 3 March 2016.
For more details visit Iran: Treasure of Persia
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- In the Wild by Karen Stoker - December 9, 2016
- Which is your favourite Christmas Carol? - December 8, 2016
- Sunrise at Avebury stone circle Wiltshire by Paul Giles - December 8, 2016
- A review of Internet Privacy - December 8, 2016
- Sunset at Cley windmill by Pauline Goldsworthy - December 7, 2016