Visit The Channel Islands this year!
Take the opportunity to enjoy some of the celebrations happening during the Channel Island Heritage Festival, from 25 March – 10 May 2016
- 150th anniversary celebration of the publication of Victor Hugo’s ‘Toilers of the Sea’
- Launch of Jersey’s National Park – preserving 1,925 hectares of precious coastal landscapes
- The bird’s eye view of Guernsey’s west coast – visit ‘Fort Grey’ which was previously in-accessible
- Join in the celebrations marking 80 Years of The National Trust for Jersey
8 reasons why The National Trust for Jersey’s 80th anniversary is a great time to visit Jersey:
- Stay in some of the most unique historic buildings in the island, which provide you with the perfect escape to every day life. Holiday in a Fort, which previously protected the island from invasion, or experience what is was like to live in a 19th century barrack, perfectly located for you to explore the wild north coast.
- Watch Coastal Cinema – Enjoy the novelty of watching coastal themed films, and then walk out to breathe in the sights and sounds of the sea surrounding Jersey. The National Trust for Jersey is giving you the opportunity to watch some of the coastal classics in unique locations such as an 18th century building previously used as a powder magazine.
- Do – Roll up your sleeves and get involved in a local tradition Black Butter making – a local handmade preserve using the crop of Jersey apples. The event takes place in autumn each year at ‘The Elms’, the headquarters of The National Trust for Jersey. You can visit the property, the pressoir, farmyard, boulangerie and surrounding land, during office hours all year round.
- Visit outstanding areas of natural beauty with local guides – whether you decide to join a historian or a botanist you’ll be given insight into some of Jersey’s lesser known trivia. The National Trust for Jersey offers a full programme of guided walks throughout the year.
- Listen to live music – enjoy intimate performances in the setting of a Georgian House performed by talented musicians, or later in the summer months, as the sun sets, enjoy live music in an outdoor setting at Grantez’s natural amphitheatre overlooking St Ouen’s Bay.
- Forage – discover Jersey’s edible coastline – well to the trained eye at least! Join local forager to the Michelin Star restaurants… Kazz Padidar, as he takes you on a coastal forage in the wilds of St Ouen’s.
- Join the celebrations of 200 years since the birth of Charlotte Brontë – films, food and a costume dinner are all part of the festivities planned by the National Trust for Jersey, to mark this 200th year anniversary.
- Laugh – enjoy a performance of Oscar Wilde’s much loved comedy drama An Ideal Husband’ which will be performed by the Butterfly Theatre company.
Many of these events take place during The Channel Islands Heritage Festival, from Friday 25 March – Tuesday 10 May. Take the opportunity to visit all the Channel Islands of Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark and Herm during the festival on a short break – each has something different to offer.
To find out more, visit: www.visitchannelislands.com
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- How is the Rise in Inflation Affecting Investors? - September 19, 2018
- Be the ones to discover the undiscovered - September 14, 2018
- Rain or Shine - September 13, 2018
- 7 tips to improving your online dating profile - September 13, 2018
- How Much Does a Funeral Cost Where You Live? - September 13, 2018
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!