Who needs to travel abroad when you can marvel at the 7 wonders of the UK?
These are some of our most impressive natural gems, from the Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland to the Jurassic Coast in Dorset
With various traffic light systems and restrictions still in place, many of us aren’t yet comfortable – or able – to get on board with international travel.
That doesn’t mean you can’t get your travel fix: it’s an opportunity to explore some of the gems on your own doorstep.
Experts at the Royal Geographical Society have identified the seven natural wonders of the UK, ranging from jaw-dropping Welsh waterfalls to sweeping lakes in Cumbria.
The society and outdoor brand Merrell asked people how familiar they were with these impressive landmarks – with 90% of those polled not having heard of all seven wonders.
The question is: how many do you know?
The Press Association
Latest posts by The Press Association (see all)
- Travel all over the world with these prize-winning photographs - September 23, 2021
- How to recognise the 7 signs of breast cancer - September 22, 2021
- Bake Off back on screens with new batch of contestants - September 21, 2021
- World Gratitude Day: How focusing on the positives can help your mental health - September 21, 2021
- Chelsea Flower Show set for first ever autumn edition - September 20, 2021