Grab a Christmas bargain in the US
Boston bargains beat those of the Big Apple for Britons doing their Christmas shopping in America.
Prices in the Massachusetts city are 4%-6% cheaper than in New York or Chicago, according to a festive shopping guide from Post Office Travel Money.
Overall, prices of designer items are around a third less expensive in the three US cities surveyed than in London, with the biggest savings being on jeans.
Some clothes are 61% cheaper in the US than in London, while savings of around a third are commonplace across a range of other possible gift items such as toys, electrical goods, fashion accessories and footwear.
Bargain-hunting Britons can also save by travelling stateside for such items as Kindles and iPads, while skincare and make-up products are around 22% cheaper in the US than in London, the survey showed.
Travel company Hayes & Jarvis also reported that Christmas shopping holiday packages were lower in Boston, with a four-night trip to Massachusetts costing less than £600, while a three-night visit to New York would set tourists back around £750.
Post Office Travel Money head Andrew Brown said: “There are huge savings to be made by heading to US cities to buy presents.
“Of almost 200 items price-checked, the majority are much cheaper than in London.”
Would you consider heading to the US for a bit of Christmas shopping?
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- The Prince of Egypt: Bring a friend for free - October 27, 2021
- Top things to expect with the Cohorted Luxury Beauty Advent Calendar - October 27, 2021
- Better digestive health – get your gut in order - October 27, 2021
- 5 Hobbies to Start before 2022 - October 25, 2021
- Pumpkin and Red Pepper Soup with Crispy Shallots and Pumpkin Seeds - October 25, 2021