A hidden gem of a hotel in south Cornwall by the Helford River
Cornwall is justifiably proud of being one of the UK’s favourite holiday destinations, and although it can get a little busy in the summer holidays, there are still places to discover where you can find a peaceful escape.
The Budock Vean is a 4* resort hotel with 7 additional on-site holiday homes nestled in 65 acres near the beautiful Helford River in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Located down a private drive with extensive gardens that lead to the water’s edge, it’s one of those places you really do feel like you’ve ‘got away from it all’. And there’s so much to do in the local area that you hardly need to use your car once here.
Catering for the older more discerning traveller, the hotel prides itself on great customer care, outstanding food and super comfy beds. Family owned and run by the Barlow family for over 30 years, Budock Vean has a loyal customer base who return to stay time after time.
What other people say:
“It’s an amazing location so far removed from the bustle of life that it’s a pleasure to sit out of an evening overlooking the golf course or take a stroll down the path to the river (a great place for an early morning wander too). The staff were welcoming and attentive and the food was great. Not sure if it was just my bedroom but it was massive and very comfortable. I always base the quality of a place on whether I’d go back and with this one I will for sure.”
“This place is so beautiful! It’s set in lovely grounds that we strolled around each evening. The food was delicious, service was excellent, a really lovely beautifully decorated room and a fantastic massage in the spa. Cannot fault our stay at all, I highly recommend!”
Reasons to visit Budock Vean:
- Challenging 9 hole / 18 tee parkland golf course designed in the 1920’s by legendary Scottish golfer, James Braid
- Natural Health Spa with a range of Elemis and Elemental Herbology massage and holistic treatments.
- Indoor swimming pool with sauna and hot tub
- Dog friendly rooms available complete with dog bowl and blanket for your pooch
- Riverside yoga studio
- Boat trips and guided kayak adventures to explore the Helford River’s hidden creeks, including Frenchman’s Creek immortalised by Daphne du Maurier
- Restaurant specialising in modern British cuisine
- Three stunning new 5* gold award holiday homes
- Four dog friendly 4* traditional cottages
- 2 all-weather tennis courts
- Two of Cornwall’s finest gardens within walking distance – Trebah and Glendurgan (NT)
- One of Cornwall’s most picturesque waterside pubs – The Ferryboat Inn – within walking distance
- Just 6 miles from the historic harbour town of Falmouth
- If you dream of a holiday home by the Helford River opportunities are available to purchase one on the Budock Vean estate.
- Visit England 4* Silver Award (Hotel)
- Visit England Breakfast Award
- Visit England 5* Gold Award (holiday homes)
- Visit England 4* Holiday Cottages
- Green Tourism Business Scheme – Gold Award
- Rated 4.5/5 on Trip Advisor
Click here to find out more
Leave a Comment!
Community Terms & Conditions
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or promote sexually explicit material; or promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or be likely to deceive any person; or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or promote any illegal activity; or be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Nurturing a safe environment
Our Silversurfers community is designed to foster friendships, based on trust, honesty, integrity and loyalty and is underpinned by these values.
We don't tolerate swearing, and reserve the right to remove any posts which we feel may offend others... let's keep it friendly!