River cruising is a great way to explore a country at a gentle pace. You unpack once, settle into comfortable en-suite accommodation and sail along your river of choice visiting interesting towns and villages on the way, whilst enjoying the spectacular scenery and wonderful ports of call en route.
River ships usually berth close to the centre of town and so it’s easy to explore independently at leisure, or alternatively take the optional excursions with expert local guides.
Here are 5 reasons why a River Cruise to Europe is ideal
1. Visit numerous destinations while staying on a floating hotel
With a river cruise you can uncover an abundance of charming destinations – but only unpack your case once. Each day you’ll experience different fairytale towns, legendary cities and historic countries, taking in a wealth of cultural experiences, at the different ports of call – it’ll feel like several holidays in one…
2. More personalised experiences on board smaller ships
Unlike large ocean liners which accommodate thousands of passengers, river cruises offer a more intimate, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. You’ll soon befriend your fellow travellers and helpful crews, who’ll make you, feel right at home.
3. Stunning scenery and breathtaking surroundings
As you cruise along romantic rivers through breathtaking backdrops and panoramic sights; you’ll be in awe of the spectacular views sliding past you from the deck of your river ship. One of the unique benefits of river cruising is that the view from your window is constantly changing.
4. Exceptional service and tempting cuisine
A large part of a great cruising experience is the cuisine on board, and you can expect a truly delightful experience on board Shearings river cruises. You’ll taste something new every day, often inspired by the different ports of call.
5. The ultimate relaxation experience
There are few holidays more relaxing than those spent sailing through enticing scenery on board a comfortable cruise ship. River cruising is all about exploring your favourite destinations at your own pace.
With all that and much more, it’s no wonder that the popularity of river cruises is soaring!
Shearings carefully-planned river cruises suit all tastes and budgets. Whether you’re a regular traveller or simply want to enjoy a cruise for the first time, there is a wealth of breathtaking waterways to entice you and with so much included.
Some of the benefits of taking a Shearings river cruise:
- Exclusive itineraries to Shearings customers
- Choice of air, rail or luxury coach travel
- Over 300 free local joining points and luggage handling all the way if travelling by coach, many with a North Sea crossing option
- Friendly, helpful crews for whom nothing’s too much travel including a Shearings representative
- Entertainment, music and dancing on many ships
Shearings 2016 River cruise programme includes 21 fabulous new itineraries and a brand new 4-star exclusively chartered ship, the MS Serenade 2. Five brand new itineraries will operate on-board the ship, sailing along the majestic Danube River including a 17-days ‘Spectacular Danube to the Black Sea’ tour, which visits six countries, including cruising through the iconic Iron Gates . Prices start from £1,969pp.
The award-winning tour operator has also updated its selection of ‘Exclusive to Shearings’ cruises, operating four new itineraries on board the elegant 4-star MPS Da Vinci including a 10-day ‘Rhine in Flames – The Night of Fire Magic’ cruise and three new itineraries on the popular MPS Rotterdam, including the 10-day ‘Majestic Rhine and Main Valley’ cruise.
Other options available include a Scenic Rhine mini-cruise for first timers, an itinerary along the Mekong River plus an updated selection of all inclusive cruises.
You can download the brochures by visiting http://www.shearings.com/brochure-request
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- By Ron Adams - October 22, 2016
- Where do you think the extra runway should be built – Heathrow or Gatwick? - October 21, 2016
- Beach breaks in Goa - October 21, 2016
- Peace & Tranquility in Your Home Away from Home - October 21, 2016
- Sunset in Abbotsbury, Dorset by Patty Ball - October 20, 2016