Save with self-catering this autumn
Self-catering holidays in many of Britain’s holiday hotspots are more than 40% cheaper in the autumn, compared with peak season weeks, a TripAdvisor survey reveals.
Self-catering holidays look great value in the weeks before half-term, with rentals 46% cheaper in Cornwall, 44% cheaper in Devon and 40% cheaper in Dorset, compared with summer prices.
Rates are much lower across the UK, with savings from 17% in other popular destinations.
The only exception is London, where holiday rentals remain relatively steady (a rise of 3%), reflecting a pattern in other European cities.
“Autumn holidays offer hope of good weather, without the crowds and higher rental rates of summer,” says TripAdvisor’s Laurel Greatrix.
“For groups, holiday rentals are a great choice, with outdoor space, living rooms and extra bedrooms; things you might not find in other accommodation options.”
TripAdvisor notes that summer rental rates of £373 per bedroom per week in Cornwall fall to only £203 in the weeks leading to October 21.
A £400 saving over October half-term week is available through Beach Retreats at Blue Bay Beach House in Mawgan Porth, North Cornwall, sleeps 20 with sea views and parking for ten cars, for £2,100 from October 25 (www.beachretreats.co.uk/ 01637 861005).
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- The Prince of Egypt: Bring a friend for free - October 27, 2021
- Top things to expect with the Cohorted Luxury Beauty Advent Calendar - October 27, 2021
- Better digestive health – get your gut in order - October 27, 2021
- 5 Hobbies to Start before 2022 - October 25, 2021
- Pumpkin and Red Pepper Soup with Crispy Shallots and Pumpkin Seeds - October 25, 2021