The wonderful chateaux of the Loire, Burgundy’s gastronomic delights, glorious countryside trails and vineyards aplenty, who could ask for more?
Wherever you walk in France, sooner or later, you’ll find a vineyard! The Loire and Burgundy in central France, offer great walking and the opportunity to taste exceptional wines. Burgundy has many small, little known vineyards, which you’d be highly unlikely to find unless you were on foot. Special hidden gems. The scenery is charming: poppies, farmland, cool woods, gentle hills and sleepy villages.
The Loire is criss crossed by rivers, with rich soil, perfect for viniculture which takes place around the grand houses of this region. The wine is fabulous, the chateaux even more so. Strolling around their gardens, marvelling at the splendid gardens and then sampling the wine after a good day of walking simply cannot be beaten.
Latest posts by Silversurfers Editor (see all)
- Regain control over your electric heating with Dimplex Quantum - October 24, 2016
- Worried about retirement choices? - October 24, 2016
- Why does our hearing deteriorate as we get older? - October 24, 2016
- Something to sing about, by Janice Wilkinson - October 22, 2016
- By Ron Adams - October 22, 2016