Walking and wine in France
The wonderful chateaux of the Loire, Burgundy’s gastronomic delights, glorious countryside trails and vineyards aplenty, who could ask for more?
Wherever you walk in France, sooner or later, you’ll find a vineyard! The Loire and Burgundy in central France, offer great walking and the opportunity to taste exceptional wines. Burgundy has many small, little known vineyards, which you’d be highly unlikely to find unless you were on foot. Special hidden gems. The scenery is charming: poppies, farmland, cool woods, gentle hills and sleepy villages.
The Loire is criss crossed by rivers, with rich soil, perfect for viniculture which takes place around the grand houses of this region. The wine is fabulous, the chateaux even more so. Strolling around their gardens, marvelling at the splendid gardens and then sampling the wine after a good day of walking simply cannot be beaten.
Latest posts by Sally - Silversurfer's Editor (see all)
- Quiz: Can you name all these types of pasta? - October 24, 2021
- 5 Overseas Hampers to send to loved ones abroad - October 22, 2021
- 8 Calendars to help you make the most of 2022 - October 22, 2021
- Must-read annuals guaranteed to entertain - October 22, 2021
- Plan a Christmas to remember with our range of thoughtful gifts for your loved ones - October 22, 2021