The best of Debbie Harry playlist
With her bleached-blond hair, high cheekbones and cool style Debbie Harry became a punk icon during the mid-seventies and for those coming of age at the time, Debbie Harry and Blondie were the backdrop to impressionable teenage years.
Debbie Harry met guitarist Chris Stein in the early 1970s and in 1974, the two started the band which would eventually be known as Blondie. Their first album of the same name was released in 1976 but it was the band’s third album, Parallel Lines which propelled Debbie Harry and Blondie firmly onto the world stage.
As Debbie Harry heads towards her 76th birthday we take a look back at some of her most memorable songs.
Heart of Glass
The Tide is High
Hanging on the Telephone
Do you have a favourite?
Melina - Assistant Editor
Latest posts by Melina - Assistant Editor (see all)
- Cheese, Celery and Walnut Scones with Parsley Butter - November 28, 2021
- Are you ever too old to own a pet? - November 26, 2021
- Beetroot, Raisin & Stem Ginger Pudding - November 25, 2021
- Alabama Rot – what every dog owner should know - November 25, 2021
- Remembering the Big Freeze of 1963 - November 24, 2021